I am using
Xamarin + firebase notification for cross platform app
Need
To change the default notification sound
Expect
The sound changed, even if the app is colse. Which means I will assign a different tone for the notifications which come to this app
Coding
No need to write any code to play the sound or to trigger the on notofication recieved event at all
Current result:
I success to do this with IOS only, but faild with Android.
Now I can recieve notification with custom sound even if the app is closed, without writting any code for this
My code
For IOS
1- add this line to the notification payload
"sound": "test.wav"
only sound name with the extention
2- add test.wav to IOS project under Resources as "BundleResource", or "Embedded Resource"
3- send the notification, and do not care about "NotificationRecieved" event at all
4- kill the app, and send the notification
5- notification recieved with custom sound "test.wav"
6- IOS accect "wav" or "caf" files only
For Android
Repeat the same with "wav" file, but with some changes like:
1- the sound file add at Resources/raw as AndroidResource For Project.Droid
2- try to change the payload to be:
"sound": "test.wav"
"sound": "test"
"sound": "raw/test.wav"
"sound": "raw/test"
But never success to play the sound
Question
I am sure there is something wrong in the ("sound": "test.wav") format.
I tested it with and without extention,
I do not need to handle the sound by coding, I want to assign the tone exactly as done with the IOS project
I expected IOS to be harder than Android! but at end it was easy
Any help, please?