Is there a way to schedule a Data Factory trigger that runs multiple times everyday BUT ONLY DURING A SPECIFIC TIME FRAME?

Viewed 2185

I've created a pipeline with a web activity that uses REST API calls to my Synapse instance and pauses it at the end of every day. I'm trying to schedule it in Data Factory but the problem is I can't schedule it in the way I need. I want the pipeline to be triggered every hour but only between 6 PM and 10 PM everyday.

But ADF doesn't seem to provide this facility where a pipeline could be run only between a fixed timeframe every single day. I don't want my Synapse instance to be paused every hour during the day time.

Is there a way to bypass this limitation of Azure Data Factory scheduling?

3 Answers

I had a similar problem. I let the trigger run hourly and added an If-statement to a new pipeline that checks if the time is within the right timeframe, if so, trigger the original pipeline, else, do nothing.

You can using Azure logic app Recurrence trigger to achieve that: enter image description here

Create a Recurrence trigger to call the data factory pipeline run with Get a pipeline run action.

Trigger the pipeline runs in [18,19,20,21,22](6 PM~10 PM) clock every day.

Hope this helps.

Do not use Logic App or anything else if you want to be good with Data Factory. Can use does not mean should use. just put 18 into Hours box then click anywhere blank outside the box, repeat this with 19 and any other hours will give your Schedule execution times 08:00,19:00,20:00 ...

Related