How can I select an HTML element containing specific text?
In Selenium Xpath selectors are used, but TestCafe doesn't support Xpath.
How do I do it in TestCafe?
How can I select an HTML element containing specific text?
In Selenium Xpath selectors are used, but TestCafe doesn't support Xpath.
How do I do it in TestCafe?
According to the official documentation, in order to select an element containing a certain text, I should use the .withText() method with the selected element, example given is:
import { Selector } from 'testcafe';
fixture `Example`
.page `https://devexpress.github.io/testcafe/example/`;
test('Click test', async t => {
const selectBasedOnText = Selector('label').withText('I have tried TestCafe');
await t
.click(selectBasedOnText);
});
for selecting a label element with the text "I have tried TestCafe".
what worked for me:
import xPathToCss from 'xpath-to-css'
and then use as ex:
.click(xPathToCss("//a[@class='icon-menu login show-login-panel list-item list-item-next']"));
no, testcafe supports xpath
https://github.com/Programmingarea/XpathSelectorIhaveNotCreated
download the xpath selector after downloading that go to your testcafe file and type:
importing xpath-selector
import XPathSelector from './xpath-selector';
using it:
const usingxpath = XPathSelector("your xpath");
simple! if any doubt ask it in reply