google classroom Invitation accept method return a NOT-FOUND

Viewed 2229

I have invited a google account as a student to my course and listing the invitations using LIST method returns the invitationId , courseId , Role(Listing is done from the senders google account). But if i accept the invitation from the invited users account with the invitation id.
It returns the following :

  "error": {
    "code": 404,
    "message": "Requested entity was not found.",
    "status": "NOT_FOUND"
  }
}

I am also not able to GET the invitation from the invited users account. I am able to GET the invitation only from the senders account.
what is the issue I am facing and how can i solve it?

1 Answers

You have to edit the Class membership settings in your Google Admin. It's probably configured to only allow users in your domain.

To change this, go to your Google Admin console and then Apps > Additional Google services > Settings for Classroom > Class settings and in "Who can join classes in your domain" set it to "Any user"

Take into account that changes can take 24h to propagate to all users.

Related