I want to left join a table with the latest record only.
I have Customer1 table:
+--------+----------+
| CustID | CustName |
+--------+----------+
| 1 | ABC123 |
| 2 | 456XYZ |
| 3 | 5PQR3 |
| 4 | 789XYZ |
| 5 | 789A |
+--------+----------+
SalesInvoice table:
+------------+--------+-----------+
| InvDate | CustID | InvNumber |
+------------+--------+-----------+
| 2020-03-01 | 1 | IV236 |
| 2020-04-07 | 1 | IV644 |
| 2020-06-13 | 2 | IV869 |
| 2020-03-29 | 3 | IV436 |
| 2020-02-06 | 3 | IV126 |
+------------+--------+-----------+
And I want this required output:
+--------+------------+-----------+
| CustID | InvDate | InvNumber |
+--------+------------+-----------+
| 1 | 2020-04-07 | IV644 |
| 2 | 2020-06-13 | IV869 |
| 3 | 2020-03-29 | IV436 |
| 4 | | |
| 5 | | |
+--------+------------+-----------+
For quick and easy, below is the sample code.
drop table if exists #Customer1
create table #Customer1(CustID int, CustName varchar (100))
insert into #Customer1 values
(1,'ABC123'),
(2,'456XYZ'),
(3,'5PQR3'),
(4,'789XYZ'),
(5,'789A')
drop table if exists #SalesInvoice
create table #SalesInvoice(InvDate DATE, CustID INT, InvNumber varchar (100))
insert into #SalesInvoice values
('2020-03-01',1,'IV236'),
('2020-04-07',1,'IV644'),
('2020-06-13',2,'IV869'),
('2020-03-29',3,'IV436'),
('2020-02-06',3,'IV126')
