Failed to read the 'sessionStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document. Cookie error with subdomains

Viewed 2690

I have an Angular Application running on a subdomain abc.domain.com which calls a page in an iframe from xyz.domain.com. It was working all fine until a recent chrome update started to block third party cookies by default.

I am getting this error:

Failed to read the 'sessionStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.

I can't load the contents of xyz.domain.com without cookies and that is possible only when I go to my chrome settings and select "Allow all cookies".

This will break the app for all my users and I can't expect them all to "Allow all cookies" as that in itself is a security risk from the user's point of view.

Is there a workaround for this? What can I do from my end to ensure the application runs fine? Since the domains are children of the same root domain, I hope there must be something to whitelist xyz.domain.com to read from abc.domain.com.

I am using ngx-cookie-service to manage cookies.

0 Answers
Related