Is it possible to create an AWS Private Link for resources in multiple AWS accounts?

Viewed 2061

I have my RDS instances on one AWS account and I have set up my application on Kubernetes Cluster on another account. I need the application to talk to RDS instances on another account. I chose VPC Endpoint(Private Link) to achieve the same, so that the RDS data is safe and secure. Is it possible to have a Private Link established between multiple AWS accounts. Both the accounts are under the same AWS organization.

2 Answers

Is it possible to have a Private Link established between multiple AWS accounts.

Yes. The AWS documentation explains that a service consumer can be a different account:

Grant permissions to specific service consumers (AWS accounts, IAM users, and IAM roles) to create a connection to your endpoint service.

Setting up permissions for other accounts to your Private Link service is explained in:

I think the better architecture would be to use VPC Peering to connect the VPC with the database to the VPC with the Kubernetes cluster.

The data remains "safe and secure" because it stays within the two VPCs.

No Network Load Balancer would be required.

Related