Map a role attribute to a jwt token in keycloak

Viewed 3585

I'm trying to map a realm-role attribute to a jwt token in keycloak using a client mapper. The idea is to assign certain default attributes to roles and the users that belong to the roles should inherit the attributes as well.

For instance, I have a realm-role called web-master and set a role attribute called role-name to 'Web master'. I would like to see in my jwt token something like this {... role_name: 'Web master' ...}.

I tried to use a token mapper and set the User Attribute field to role-name and the Token Claim Name to role_name but it did not worked.

I also tried with roleMappings['web-master'].attributes['role-name'] as User Attribute since the name maps to the UserModel but also didn't work.

I'm running out of options, is it a Script mapper the only possibility or there is an easier one?

0 Answers
Related