I am learning Junit 5 and test cases. I am using spring boot version '2.2.6.RELEASE and JUnit 5, in my application, I have a method that processes based on the boolean flag from property file.
\src\main\resources\application.properties
#data base connection properties
spring.app.datasource.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/student_db
spring.app.datasource.driver-class-name=com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
spring.app.datasource.username=root
spring.datasource.password=root
spring.app.jpa.properties.hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL8Dialect
#additional properties
spring.property.name=shrikant
spring.property.enable=false
database connection properties are used to create the database connection
Datasource.java
@Value("${spring.app.datasource.url}")
private String url;
@Value("${spring.app.datasource.driver-class-name}")
private String className;
@Value("${spring.app.datasource.username}")
private String userName;
@Value("${spring.datasource.password}")
private String password;
@Value("${spring.app.jpa.properties.hibernate.dialect}")
private String dialect;
controller class
@RestController
public class Controller {
@Value("${spring.property.name}")
private String name;
@Value("${spring.property.enable}")
private boolean status;
public void validateObject(String surName) {
if (status) { # if this flag is true then only process
System.out.println("name= " + name);
System.out.println("surName= " + surName);
}
}
ControllerTest.java
@SpringBootTest
class ControllerTest {
@Autowired
private Controller controller;
@Test
void show() {
controller.validateObject("sharma");
}
by default the flag is false, so every time test case runs it never processes the object. so I tried to create aplication.properties in the test folder
\src\test\resources\application.properties
spring.property.name=vishal
spring.property.enable=true
but now it's giving me an error that
Could not resolve placeholder 'spring.app.datasource.url'
but I don't want to provide DB connection URL, I am not connecting to the database while testing.
Q1 - how to change the value of properties file for test case only.
Q2 - is it mandatory to provide all the keys of \src\main\resources\application.properties is \src\test\resources\application.properties?
I am new in test case, so little explained answers would be welcomed.
Update:- I found that
@SpringBootTest
@TestPropertySource(properties = {"spring.property.name=vishal", " spring.property.status=true"})
class ControllerTest {
will solve the issue temporarily, by providing keys along with values, but I have a lot of keys, which cannot be provided in such a way.