Run Python Automation Script from C#

Viewed 3149

First, Already consulted:

  1. How do I run a Python script from C#?
  2. Call Python function from c# (.NET)
  3. calling python.py from C# .net
  4. Calling python script from C#
  5. Run Python .PY script from C#

While some of these has been somewhat helpful, I find my case specifically perplexing in how I want to solve it.I created a standard .NET Core project:

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using IronPython.Hosting;
using Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting;

namespace automation1
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

        private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ScriptEngine engine = Python.CreateEngine();
            engine.ExecuteFile(@"C:\Users\knoxb\Desktop\automation1.py");
        }
    }
}

On button click, I want to execute automation1.py:

import pyautogui as p

p.moveTo(300,300,2)

However, I am receiving the following exception: IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions.ImportException: 'No module named pyautogui'

Though I have already installed IronPython through NuGet and verified pyautogui was installed:

IronPython installed and package installed via Visual Studio

I find after hours of research without any solutions from the aforementioned questions or documentation that I needed to post this inquiry.

Thank you.

0 Answers
Related