How to automate the release procedure of a Vue.js application?

Viewed 188

I'm currently looking into a strategy to easily release a Vue.js application. For the moment, we have a Dockerfile which builds a Docker image containing the dist folder, but the current release procedure is very "manual" (it's being executed by the developer on his local laptop) and this procedure is very error prone.

What I do now:

  • manually update version in package.json
  • execute the following commands in a terminal
$ docker build . -t ${MY_DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${MY_APPLICATION}:${MY_APPLICATION_VERSION}
$ docker push ${MY_DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${MY_APPLICATION}:${MY_APPLICATION_VERSION}
  • create GIT tag
$ git tag my-application-version
$ git push origin my-application-version

I'm in the phase of automating this a little bit (for example a Jenkins plan?). I'm kind of looking for an alternative to the maven-release-plugin (yes, I'm actually a Java developer ;-)) in combination with Maven profiles (the latter one containing a reference to a docker plugin which creates and pushes the image for me)

What do I want to do:

  • auto update my version in package.json
  • auto build and tag the Docker image with the version above
  • auto push the Docker image with the version above
  • create a GIT tag

Somebody with experience? How are you dealing with this?

0 Answers
Related