I just installed Python on my office machine. I had installed Python Python 3.7 - 64 bit and Python 3.8 - 32 bit both. Then I uninstalled the 32 bit as my Windows is 64 bit.
I want to install pandas using pip. But I got the following error.
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/pandas/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ReadTimeoutError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=15)")': /simple/pandas/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/pandas/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ReadTimeoutError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=15)")': /simple/pandas/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/pandas/
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pandas (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pandas
To resolve this error, I performed the following series of steps.
- In the command prompt. I set the following:
set http_proxy=http://username:password@proxy.server.com:8080 set https_proxy=https://username:password@proxy.server.com:8080
- I changed the directory to where the scripts folder are kept.
cd C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts
- Then I run the following command
pip install pandas --user
- It is giving me following error
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: Failed to parse: https://username:password@proxy.server.com:8080
Is this because of my corporate network settings? How can I resolve this issue?