Dataproc gcloud default_config permission denied error

Viewed 276

Our project is using dataproc, and I have checked for service account that is indicated in master and worker compute engines that it has required permissions for my bucket storage. Nevertheless, in log viewer I have seen following:

(gsutil) Failed to create the default configuration. Ensure your have the correct permissions on: [/home/.config/gcloud/configurations]. Could not create directory [/home/.config/gcloud/configurations]: Permission denied. Please verify that you have permissions to write to the parent directory.

What can I do to fix this issue? I should download some file from this bucket and using gsutil to do that.

PS: I have tried using action.sh to find out logged in user which results in nothing.

PS2: We are using SparkSession for this operation.

2 Answers

The gsutil permission error is not about IAM permission but Linux user permission. Can you SSH into the VM and check if you have permission to create the folder? You can also run gsutil ... to test the command.

After opening support ticket to google cloud, it is indicated that this was an error of Unix permissions, and they suggested me to use gcs-connector which is working.

Related