Exception has occurred: ImportError DLL load failed while importing pdftotext: The specified module could not be found

Viewed 1544

I am new to Python and currently having trouble when importing some libraries. I have install pdftotext via pip install pdftotext and conda install -c conda-forge poppler after following the instruction from this link Unable to install pdftotext on Python 3.6, missing poppler

Now I get the following error when I try to import pdftotext using visual studio code;

Exception has occurred: ImportError
DLL load failed while importing pdftotext: The specified module could not be found.

enter image description here

3 Answers

After Trying and researching, I finally got it.

I ran this command on cmd pip install pdftotext==2.1.4

Personally I have had the same question. I have solved it by

  1. conda update conda .

Then I redo the same procedure as before

  1. conda install -c conda-forge poppler
  2. pip install pdftotext

After this 3 steps I import successfully pdftotext. I hope it also works for you.

i am having the same issue, the weird thing being that pdftotext used to work just fine on my pc running windows 10, i can't even run import pdftotext in the python shell (i get the same error you got), reinstalling anaconda didn't change anything

Related