Google Play Console unhelpful error message

Viewed 3825

I'm trying to upload a new version of an android app on Google play console, but as soon as I select the app it gives me: "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."

No other information is provided, and it worked 3 days ago. Is there anything that could be wrong on my end or did google just break their interface somehow?

(I'm using google chrome on unbuntu 18)

2 Answers

With some URL hackery you should be able to upload and publish a new version of the app even with the error.

  1. Open the Google Play Console
  2. Right-click an app and choose "Open in new tab"
  3. Replace AppDashboardPlace in the URL to a working page like MarketListingPlace

I can see the following pages work currently:

  • Android vitals > Deobfuscation files
  • Development tools > *
  • Release management > App releases (incl. tracks and releases)
  • Release management > Android Instant Apps
  • Release management > Artifact library
  • Release management > Device catalog
  • Release management > App signing
  • Store presence > *
  • User acquisition > *
  • User feedback > *

It was fine for me 6 hours ago, I now encounter the same problem from Sweden. A few people have reported this problem online for the last 2 weeks.

Private browsing mode in Chrome, Firefox and Safari didn't solve it, no JS console errors or network errors. Circumventing the AJAX request returned a blank page with the same "An unexpected error occurred". I can't see how this could be a client issue.

Related