How can I change the theme of my Hyper Terminal (downloaded from hyper.is)?

Viewed 17150

If you have any experience with the downloadable software "Hyper" which is basically just a terminal, then you might be able to help me. I can't change the theme, its look. I am on the newest version of MacOS. I tried opening the file hyper.js but my computer can't find it. "~/Library/Application Support/Hyper/.hyper.js" marks an error. What can I do to change the theme?

3 Answers

I figured it out, I had to go up to the Hyper (On the top bar next to the "apple" logo on my mac), then click on "Preferences". That opens a JavaScript file that contains values such as colors for different parts of the "Hyper" program. Head to "foregroundColor" and you can change the font color. I chose '#27fe16' so that it looks like the traditional cool terminal.

This is what I did:

  1. Open Hyper Terminal.
  2. Go to Menu->Edit->Preferences or press Ctrl + ,
  3. .hyper file will be opened for clarification.
  4. Under the modules.exports section, navigate to config section.
  5. Find plugins: ["hyper-material-theme", "verminal"],
  6. Remove the Plugin/Theme and save and exit.
  7. You will see a notification "Hyper Configuration reloaded!"
  8. Example: [] for default theme.

The procedure is similar on both Windows as well as MacOS. On Windows, This is what I did:

  1. Open Hyper Terminal
  2. Go to Menu->Edit->Preferences or press Ctrl + , Check this image
  3. .hyper file will be opened for clarification
  4. Under the modules.exports section, navigate to config section.
  5. There you will find all font related options, i.e Size, Color, Background Color, Border Color etc. Check this image
  6. Select the colors combination you want in Hex format.
  7. Save file and exit.
Related