A while ago I developed a coreaudio HAL plugin in C++ that sends audio from a Mac OS to a Raspberry Pi.
Now, I would like to make some parameters configurable (e.g., the IP address of the RPI). I would like to at least achieve one of the following:
- make the plugin load some configuration file (e.g., from /Library/Preferences)
- have a CLI tool to communicate with the plugin so that the configuration can be changed anytime
I have gone through Apple's documentation, and the only relevant thing I have managed to find is the following paragraph:
Further, the host process is sandboxed. As such, an AudioServerPlugIn may only read files in its bundle in addition to the system libraries and frameworks. It may not access user documents or write to any filesystem locations other than the system's cache and temporary directories as derived through Apple API. The host provides a means for the plug-in to store and retrieve data from persistent storage.
(see https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1811/_index.html).
I have no idea what the last sentence means. Might it refer to a way for the plugin to read data from a file?
Has anyone done anything similar and successfully communicated with the plugin so that it can (re)load its configuration?