Using Google Tests in embedded target?

Viewed 629

I have started using google tests and google mocks in my embedded project. Everything works fine, but currently I use it on my host machine when I develop code. It is the best option for TDD (it's fast), but I have to ocassionally run all code on the target board (STM32), because on my PC I use GCC, on the target ARMclang. So I need to validate that everything works fine on the target as well.

Here comes my question regarding Google Tests:

Is it possible to easily redirect all debug messages (test results) to a different peripherels than std::ostream, i.e. UART or USB so I could send test results to my host computer back?

I guess so, but there is quite a lot of code, it will take me weeks to dig into that and make it working. Maybe someone did that before and could give me hints which files need to be modified and replaced with my hardware wrappers? And does it makes a sense, or it is too complex (maybe there is to many OS dependencies) and it would be better to use another framework like CppuTest?

Thanks in advance.

0 Answers
Related