I have two fragments and I want to create interaction between them using backward button in action bar. Ideally, I would like the state of previous fragment was saved. I could find information for only activities.
For fragments I found this
private fun setupBackButton() {
if (activity is AppCompatActivity) {
(activity as AppCompatActivity?)?.supportActionBar?.setDisplayHomeAsUpEnabled(true)
}
}
But it only displays back button, nothing happens by clicking.
EDIT
In the first fragment I call the second like:
val fragment = UserContentFragment()
fragment.setUser(item.user)
if (fragmentManager != null) {
fragmentManager!!
.beginTransaction()
.replace(R.id.main_layout, fragment)
.addToBackStack(null)
.commit()
}
This is my UserContentFragment second fragment:
class UserContentFragment : Fragment() {
private lateinit var user: SearchUser
fun setUser(user: SearchUser) {
this.user = user
}
override fun onCreateView(inflater: LayoutInflater, container: ViewGroup?, savedInstanceState: Bundle?): View? {
val root = inflater.inflate(R.layout.fragment_user_content, container, false)
val userImage = root.findViewById(R.id.user_img) as ImageView
if (context != null) {
Glide.with(context!!)
.load(user.profile_pic_url)
.circleCrop()
.into(userImage)
}
val userName: TextView = root.findViewById(R.id.user_name)
userName.text = user.full_name
val toolbar: Toolbar = root.findViewById(R.id.toolbar)
toolbar.setNavigationOnClickListener { requireActivity().onBackPressed() }
setupBackButton()
return root
}
private fun setupBackButton() {
if (activity is AppCompatActivity) {
(activity as AppCompatActivity?)?.supportActionBar?.setDisplayHomeAsUpEnabled(true)
}
}
}
And this its .xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:background="@color/colorBlack">
<androidx.appcompat.widget.Toolbar
android:id="@+id/toolbar"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
<androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout
android:id="@+id/user_title"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="100dp">
<ImageView
android:id="@+id/user_img"
android:layout_width="80dp"
android:layout_height="80dp"
android:layout_marginStart="16dp"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
tools:ignore="ContentDescription" />
<TextView
android:id="@+id/user_name"
android:layout_width="0dp"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_marginStart="32dp"
android:layout_marginEnd="16dp"
android:textColor="@color/colorWhite"
android:textSize="22sp"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintStart_toEndOf="@+id/user_img"
app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent" />
</androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout>
</RelativeLayout>