GitHub commits acting rather strangely

Viewed 31

I'm relatively new to Git and all of this but as of recently my commits gave gone funky. You might be asking yourself what I'm talking about. Well...

commit

All of my new commits look like this. It appears as though a "non GitHub" person has commited the message.
All I can do is add myself as a co-author. It looks like this.

Image 2

I've tried reinstalling Git, JetBrains IDEs. No luck. Can anyone please help me. And yes. I'm sort of a newbie. Don't judge me.

1 Answers

You need to make sure you have your global configuration correctly set when making commits:

git config --global user.name misobarisic
git config --global user.email <github_email>

That is: use your GitHub username account (github.com/misobarisic) and GitHub user email.

Then create a new commit and push it, to check the problem is no longer there.

Related