I want to run a docker container (kmb32123/youtube-dl-server) through a VPN in order to access geo blocked content. I found a suitable VPN docker image (ilteoood/docker-surfshark). I am trying to combine these two images in a single docker-compose.yml file. However, I'm unable to publish the ports for youtube-dl-server because of conflicting options.
conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode
Is there an alternative way to have youtube-dl-server route traffic though the docker-surfshark container while still exposing port 8080 locally so I can access it?
version: "2"
services:
surfshark-uk:
image: ilteoood/docker-surfshark
container_name: surfshark
environment:
- SURFSHARK_USER=foo
- SURFSHARK_PASSWORD=bar
- SURFSHARK_COUNTRY=uk
- CONNECTION_TYPE=udp
cap_add:
- NET_ADMIN
devices:
- /dev/net/tun
restart: unless-stopped
youtube-dl-uk:
image: "kmb32123/youtube-dl-server"
container_name: yt-download-uk
network_mode: container:surfshark-uk
depends_on:
- surfshark-uk
ports:
- 8080:8080
volumes:
- /Users/greg/Desktop/ukvids:/youtube-dl
restart: unless-stopped
greg@computer docker $ docker-compose up
WARNING: Found orphan containers (surfshark, 949001ea6405_yt-download-uk) for this project. If you removed or renamed this service in your compose file, you can run this command with the --remove-orphans flag to clean it up.
Creating surfshark-uk ... done
Creating yt-download-uk ... error
ERROR: for yt-download-uk Cannot create container for service youtube-dl-uk: conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode
ERROR: for youtube-dl-uk Cannot create container for service youtube-dl-uk: conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.