I recently was able to get my Laravel app deployed using codepipeline on Elastic Beanstalk but ran into a problem. I noticed that my routes where failing because of php.conf Nginx configuration. I had to add a few lines of code to EB's nginx php.conf file to get it to work.
My problem now was that after every deployment, the instance of the application I modified the php.conf file was destroyed and recreated fresh. I wanted a way to dynamically update the file after every successful deployment. I had a version of the file I wanted versioned with my application and so wanted to create a symlink to that file after deployment.
After loads of research, I stumbled on appDeploy Hooks on Elastic Beanstalk that runs post scripts after deployment so did this
files:
"/opt/elasticbeanstalk/hooks/appdeploy/post/91_post_deploy_script.sh":
mode: "000755"
owner: root
group: root
content: |
#!/usr/bin/env bash
sudo mkdir /var/testing1
sudo ln -sfn /var/www/html/php.conf.example /etc/nginx/conf.d/elasticbeanstalk/php.conf
sudo mkdir /var/testing
sudo nginx -s reload
And this for some reason does not work. The symlink is not created so my routes are still not working..
I even added some mkdir so am sure the commands in that script runs, none of those commands ran because none of those directories where created.
Please note that if I ssh into the ec2 instance and run the commands there it works. That bash script also exists in the post directory and if I manually run in on the server it works too.
Any pointers to how I could fix this would be helpful. Maybe I am doing something wrong too.
Now I have gotten my scripts to run by following this. However, the script is not running. I am getting an error
2020/06/28 08:22:13.653339 [INFO] Following platform hooks will be executed in order: [01_myconf.config]
2020/06/28 08:22:13.653344 [INFO] Running platform hook: .platform/hooks/postdeploy/01_myconf.config
2020/06/28 08:22:13.653516 [ERROR] An error occurred during execution of command [app-deploy] - [RunPostDeployHooks]. Stop running the command. Error: Command .platform/hooks/postdeploy/01_myconf.config failed with error fork/exec .platform/hooks/postdeploy/01_myconf.config: permission denied
I tried to follow this forum post here to make my file executable by adding to my container command a new command like so:
01_chmod1:
command: "chmod +x .platform/hooks/postdeploy/91_post_deploy_script.sh"
I am still running into the same issue. Permission denied