onException(NullPointerException.class)
.handled(true)
.to("google-pubsub:some_topic");
In here, my design is such that for any unforseen error,I want to put the problem message to gcp pubsub error topic.
But I am saying "handled" as true.Hence for any error in publishing to pubsub error topic (say network error etc),the error will be silently ignored !! This is no good for me.Now I lost the message because since it was handled,the message has been acknowledged automatically and the message will not be redelivered by gcp pubsub !!
Please let me know my alternatives
I was just going through the Camel in Action Book.Below is the text
"Camel doesn’t allow further error handling while already handling an error(onException handled is true) . In other words, when Camel detects that another exception was thrown during error handling, it prevents any further action from taking place. This is done by the org.apache.camel.processor.FataFallbackErrorHandler, which catches the new exception, logs a warning, sets this as the exception on the Exchange, and stops any further routing."
This mean if an exception is thrown while handling an exception,the exception will not be propagated,but a warning will be logged and sets an exception on the exchange.
Since an error has been marked in the exchange ,the pub sub message in the exchange will not be marked as Acked,and will be redelivered by pubsub.
Let me test it my self.
