RStudio does not launch from Anaconda

Viewed 13750

I am running Mac OS 10.5.5 Catalina and I have installed Anaconda Navigator 1.9.12. I have been programming Python 3.7 scripts on it and everything works well. I am now working on a project that uses R. On the Home tab of the Anaconda Navigator I have installed RStudio using the Install button. There is now a launch button under the RStudio icon. I click on the Launch button for RStudio and on the bottom right of the window a status indicates it is launching (for a few seconds). But nothing is ever launched. The RStudio program never opens up. This is a new installation of Mac OS and it is a new installation of Anaconda (vintage June 10, 2020).Everything is up to date. What can I do to get RStudio to open up from the Anaconda Navigator?

2 Answers

I also had a lot of problems for many months trying to use RStudio with Anaconda. There were so many problems (files were sometimes not saved, new R-Environments could not be created, RStudio could not be installed, packages were not correctly loaded etc.). I found also several others in the Internet who have experiencend similar problems. This is why I just installed RStudio and the base R directly without Anaconda and so far I have not had any problems with that.

Related