Unable to load qtcreatorcdbext.dll when remote debugging with Qt 15.3.1

Viewed 284

I've been following the instructions here for remote debugging with CDB.

I'm able to connect to the remote machine's CDB session fine and see the output, but when I try to add breakpoints on the local machine running Qt Creator I end up getting the following error:

The call to LoadLibrary(qtcreatorcdbext) failed, Win32 error 0n126
    "The specified module could not be found."

I've created a system environment variable _NT_DEBUGGER_EXTENSION_PATH that points to the folder containing qtcreatorcdbext.dll on the remote machine. The DLL is the 64-bit version, and I'm running the 64-bit version of CDB on a 64-bit application that was compiled with the MSVC2017 64-bit compiler. If I replace the qtcreatorcdbext.dll with the 32-bit version, I get the following error when specifying a breakpoint:

The call to LoadLibrary(qtcreatorcdbext) failed, Win32 error 0n193
    "%1 is not a valid Win32 application."

So it looks like it's able to find the DLL but not actually load the 64-bit version. I've also verified that I'm running the same version of CDB on both machines.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Answers

I had the same issue. I had to use this tools https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies in order to investigate the dependencies regarding qtcreatorcdbext.dll and python35.dll and see which dlls were missing on my setup.

Related