Can't build artifacts (export JAR) in IntelliJ?

Viewed 1062

I am trying to create a .JAR out of my JavaFX project to then convert it into an .exe file. But IntelliJ doesn't show a "build artifacts" option in the main menu, which the guides I've seen require me to click. Build only gives me the following options: Recompile Main.java, Build Project, Rebuild Project 'Project Title'. Any help is appreciated

I've already created an artifact in the project structure tab.

2 Answers

You must define an artifact in File > Project Structure > Artifacts. Once defined you can generate your final file under Build > Build artifacts > your_artifact

I leave you an example that I'm actually using eg

It looks like your IDE menu is customized and some of the items were removed. It should help if you either reset the menu to the defaults or add the missing items manually:

Restore defaults

Related