In my react project I have an actions file that looks like this:
const startLoad = () => async (dispatch) => {
dispatch({
type: CONTENT_LOAD,
});
};
// Get all content
export const getContents = () => async (dispatch) => {
dispatch(startLoad());
// some more code...
};
So in this example, I know that dispatch is coming from the middleware and getContents has access to it because it was mapped using mapDispatchToProps. So I am assuming when getContents is called, its really called like this -> dispatch(getContents) but can this be replicated in plain JavaScript so I can see what is really going on? If I am wrong about why getContents has access to dispatch please let me know.
For example, how isstartLoad able to use dispatch just because dispatch called startLoad? I have noticed that it will also work if I call it like this: dispatch(startLoad(dispatch));.
Passing dispatch in to startLoad actually makes more sense to me so I don't get why that isn't required.
Edit: this is the closest example I could come up with on my own.
const fun = () => (fun2) => {
fun2();
}
const fun2 = () => {
console.log('hello');
}
fun()(fun2);