Running a java application VSCode

Viewed 78

I have a java application that consists of various files and I need to run my project. I have jdk 14 installed and have also set the Environment Variables. But when I click on Launch project, it just keeps loading and loading and nothing else happens. It does not show me any error log or anything. I am really confused and been trying to solve this for a week. In launch, it does not give me any option of java. It says Launch in angular. Any help would be appreciated?

1 Answers

VS Code is basically an editor for sourcecode files of different languages. As such, it does have any inbuilt Java execution options.

To debug your Java programs, you will need to install the appropriate Java extensions for VS Code.

Having Jdk installed is a prerequisite to use Java on VS Code but it alone is not enough.

Related