The Option to select 'Other' for a client ID in the OAuth in the Google APIs is not available

Viewed 705

I am attempting to utilize the YouTube API in order to pull a list of my subscribers from the site. I had to get Credentials and create an API client. In researching this step, I was advised to choose 'Other' as the client ID option, but currently there is no option for other. You can see the options in this picture:

Picture of Google APIs options for creating client ID for OAuth

This question provides some context for mine: Where to download your_client_secret_File.json file

1 Answers

Google keeps changing the naming of it If your interested this is the progression of their naming.

  • other
  • native
  • desk top app

either way pick desktop app for an app that will be running standalone on a machine some where and not running via a website or mobile device.

Related