I would Like to pass a configuration string to a Pipe but also want to inject a service. The NesJs docs describe how to do both of these independent of each other but not together. Take the following example:
pipe.ts
@Injectable()
export class FileExistsPipe implements PipeTransform {
constructor(private filePath: string, db: DatabaseService) { }
async transform(value: any, metadata: ArgumentMetadata) {
const path = value[this.filePath];
const doesExist = await this.db.file(path).exists()
if(!doesExist) throw new BadRequestException();
return value;
}
}
controller.ts
@Controller('transcode')
export class TranscodeController {
@Post()
async transcode (
@Body( new FileExistsPipe('input')) transcodeRequest: JobRequest) {
return await this.videoProducer.addJob(transcodeRequest);
}
Basically, I want to be able to pass a property name to my pipe (e.g.'input') and then have the pipe look up the value of the property in the request (e.g.const path = value[this.filePath]) and then look to see if the file exists or not in the database. If it doesn't, throw a Bad Request error, otherwise continue.
The issue I am facing is that I need NestJs to inject my DataBaseService. With the current example, It won't and my IDE gives me an error that new FileExistsPipe('input') only has one argument passed but was expecting two (e.g. DatabaseService).
Is there anyway to achieve this?

