We’re using FluentD to send data over to our ELK stack. Heroku sends over logs in a BULK format which includes multiple log entries, separated by a new line.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with splitting incoming http requests in FluentD by newline? I saw examples of this in past versions < 1.0. There are also two Heroku+FluentD plugins, both of which no longer seem to work and are not maintained.
- Can I use a parser to split the incoming message into multiple messages and emit each to FluentD, if so, how?
- If not, is there a simpler way to get these bulk messages sent from Heroku into FluentD, split by new line?
The bulk log messages Heroku posts look something like this:
83 <40>1 2012-11-30T06:45:29+00:00 host app web.3 - State changed from starting to up 119 <40>1 2012-11-30T06:45:26+00:00 host app web.3 - Starting process with command bundle exec rackup config.ru -p 24405
So in our logging solution, we’re getting multiple rows per entry. We’ve tried multi line parsing, but that doesn’t seem to do the trick.