Updating Apollo Cache Without Variables

Viewed 262

Originally, I make a GraphQL call as follows:

query getItems($filter_ids: [Int!], $filter: item_records_bool_exp) {
 items(order_by: { negative: asc, parent: asc }, where: { level: { _in: [2, 3] } }) {
  i18n {
   value
  }
  id
  parent
  negative
 }
 filters(where: { category: { _eq: "PLAN" } }) {
  id
  value
 }
}

Now, when I insert a new item, I update the cache using update function in the mutation options, and I'm supposed to use readQuery/readFragment and writeQuery/writeFragment to interact with the Apollo Cache as described here.

My question is, my readQuery calls always fail if I do not provide the exact same variables that I had previous provided to the original GraphQL query. Is there a way around this? In other words, can I just read objects from the cache by their ID irrespective of the original query that was used to fetch these objects?

0 Answers
Related