How do I know that the answered questions are from the section as and how to calculate them

Viewed 36

My scenario:

I have a form with several sections, each section contains 4 questions with an optional "yes" option. link google forms

  section 1   |   section 2   |    section 3     |     section 4     |     section 5      
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 
y       y       y   y   y   y       y                   y    y    y

My result:

As per the outline above, I would need to have a list with the sections and their yes counts link google spreadsheets

My need:

sec. 1 | sec. 2 | sec. 3 | sec. 4 | sec. 5
2      | 4      | 1      | 3      | 0

I would like to count only the questions marked "yes" for each section, but I do not have the section line in the google spreadsheet linked to the Google Form.

1 Answers

There is a easy way of doing this operation by first changing the answer to boolean values (y→1, n→0) as this:

  section 1   |   section 2   |    section 3     |     section 4     |     section 5      
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 
1       1       1   1   1   1       1                   1    1    1

Then you can use the function COUNT() under each section to get the number of true values. Please, ask me any question to further clarify this answer.

Related