React Native: ViewManager for tag could not be found

Viewed 4883

We are getting several of the following errors when running logcat in our React Native Android app. Intially they seem harmless and they doesn't crash the app. However, if possible I'd like to get some guidance on how to debug them to understand what's going on.

Unable to update properties for view tag 323
com.facebook.react.uimanager.IllegalViewOperationException: ViewManager for tag 323 could not be found.
 View already dropped? false.
Last index 0 in last 100 views[I@1eeace9
   at com.facebook.react.uimanager.NativeViewHierarchyManager.resolveViewManager(NativeViewHierarchyManager.java:112)
   at com.facebook.react.uimanager.NativeViewHierarchyManager.updateProperties(NativeViewHierarchyManager.java:135)
   at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIImplementation.synchronouslyUpdateViewOnUIThread(UIImplementation.java:309)
   at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIManagerModule.synchronouslyUpdateViewOnUIThread(UIManagerModule.java:396)
   at com.facebook.react.animated.PropsAnimatedNode.updateView(PropsAnimatedNode.java:94)
   at com.facebook.react.animated.NativeAnimatedNodesManager.updateNodes(NativeAnimatedNodesManager.java:544)
   at com.facebook.react.animated.NativeAnimatedNodesManager.runUpdates(NativeAnimatedNodesManager.java:453)
   at com.facebook.react.animated.NativeAnimatedModule$1.doFrameGuarded(NativeAnimatedModule.java:100)
   at com.facebook.react.uimanager.GuardedFrameCallback.doFrame(GuardedFrameCallback.java:29)
   at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ReactChoreographer$ReactChoreographerDispatcher.doFrame(ReactChoreographer.java:172)
   at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ChoreographerCompat$FrameCallback$1.doFrame(ChoreographerCompat.java:84)
   at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:965)
   at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:791)
   at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:722)
   at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:952)
   at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
   at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7356)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
   at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:492)
   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:930)

EDIT: Just for reference we are using react-native 0.60.5, react-navigation 3.13.0 and react-native-paper 3.10.1. Also, we see these errors when we first open the app.

Thanks!

3 Answers

In my case, I was using the properties flex and padder of a View from Native Base after the property style. When I moved the two properties before the style property everything starts working ‍♂️

Faced this problem recently, we had a common package that had UI Components for both web and mobile. A component was using the css property 'inherit'. This is fine in web, but it caused the crash in mobile.

In my case, it was a mistake it was a typo in a style.

Related