I am currently running a server using Elastic beanstalk and thus automatically have been granted with an elastic IP for my auto-generated ec2 instance. Within the server I had to use ftp to fetch data from a remote server every day, and asked the other end to grant access to requests from my Elastic IP.
Now I have come to a situation where my ec2 instance has not enough memory for my services, and I wish to change its instance type to one with a bigger RAM.
Q1. If I change my instance type, will my auto-assigned Elastic IP be kept? I need confirmation because if it isn't, it will ruin my ftp cron jobs.
Q2. If I change my instance type once, will it be kept whenever Elastic Beanstalk creates a new instance for the same application? (in cases of crash, redeployment, rebuild, etc.)
Many thanks from a newbie in advance.