Inaccessible folder when using Google Drive via terminal

Viewed 199

I access my Google Drive via the terminal using gdfuse. There is a directory that exists, but I can't seem to access via the terminal:

I have a directory called 'papers'. Within that I want to access 'instructions'. When I do ls -ltr I see:

?????????? ? ?    ?        ?            ? instructions
drwxrwxr-x 2 user user  4096 Jun 12  2017 my_docs
-rw-rw-r-- 1 user user  3923 Jul 25  2017 bs237-procedure.txt

with the word instructions appearing in red. And if I try to cd instructions I am told bash: cd: instructions: No such file or directory.

However if I use a browser to go into my Google Drive, I can access the directory 'instructions' and the files within it no problem.

1 Answers

I was searching and I reached this answer, hope it works for you!

To read a file, its read permission needs to be set. However, to read a directory and the listing of its files, both the read and the execute permissions need to be set. If they aren't, you get weird errors like the ones you're experiencing. To set the read permission on files and the read and execute permissions on directories recursively, use this command: chmod -R a+rX directoryname

and link to that page: https://askubuntu.com/questions/243999/why-do-question-mark-characters-appear-when-changing-the-permissions-of-director

edit : you can change the folder name, again I saw this on the internet and it seems to work!

Related