How to convert CSS unicode string to text character?

Viewed 920

I'm using an icon set that has to be used through an element like this:

<i class="icons-recycle"></i>

This generates an element with the following CSS:

.icons-recycle::before {
    content: "\e67f";
}

What I need is to copy/paste the Unicode glyph that's generated via "\e67f" so I can use it in Photoshop to do some designs with that icon (I already have the .ttf file installed).

For example, "\u00C6" gives me Æ, according to this online converter.

However, I am unable to find what that character is, and I cannot select it on the HTML page! How can I convert this "\e67f" to a text character to paste into Photoshop?

MDN says the content attribute, when used like this, is in a Unicode escape sequence.

1 Answers

Easiest way I found was to use the content string to convert to an HTML character entity:

Instead of \e67f, type <div>&#xe67f;</div> (replace the \ with &#x) and the browser will display the individual glyph .

You can then copy/paste into Photoshop, it should display as expected if you have the proper font installed.

Related