I'm using Azure-Pipelines for my CI integration on windows-2019. Here's a scenario, the task #'s mean order in which they occur (1 being first).
In task 2, I am running tests. In task 3, I want to generate a report on these tests, regardless if the tests succeeded or failed (thus adding - condition: succeededOrFailed() to task 3).
However, in task 1, I am building the repo. If the build fails, I don't want any subsequent tasks to run. But since task 3 has condition: succeededOrFailed(), it still runs and produces another error. My goal is to have task 3 run regardless if task 2 fails or succeeds, but not if task 1 fails.
I'm not sure the best way to handle this. Is it possible to make task 3 dependent on task 2? Or can I stop the whole pipeline immediately if task 1 fails?
Also, for task 1, I tried continueOnError: false because I thought it would stop the pipeline there, but it didn't do what I thought. Any help would be much appreciated!