I'm working on appending objects to a binary file. My file is:
File f=new File("person.dat");
I'm getting an error (java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 79737200) when I attempt to open the binary file. As far as I can tell the program writes the data just fine, but as soon as I try reading from it, I get the above error. Any help is appreciated!
My Code to write:
AppendObjectOutputStream out = null;
try {
out = new AppendObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(f, true));
out.writeObject(new Student(name, age));
out.flush();
}
catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
finally {
out.close();
}
My class for making appendable:
public class AppendObjectOutputStream extends ObjectOutputStream {
public AppendObjectOutputStream(OutputStream out) throws IOException {
super(out);
}
@Override
protected void writeStreamHeader() throws IOException {
reset();
}
}
My partial code for reading and adding objects to an ArrayList:
Course course = new Course();
Student st = null;
ObjectInputStream in = null;
try {
in = new ObjectInputStream(new FileInputStream("person.dat"));
try
{
while (true)
{
st = (Student) in.readObject();
course.addAccount(st); //adds student object to an ArrayList in
//class Course
}
}
catch (EOFException ex) {
}
}
catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
} finally {
in.close();
}
UPDATE: Current code to read but its not printing anything to screen:
try(ObjectInputStream ois = new ObjectInputStream(
new BufferedInputStream(Files.newInputStream(f))))
{
while (ois.available() > 0)
{
st = (Student) ois.readObject();
studentlist.addAccount(st);
System.out.println(st.getStudentNumber());
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
ex.printStackTrace();
}
This is how I write to file:
Path f = Paths.get("person.dat");
try (ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(
new BufferedOutputStream(Files.newOutputStream(f, StandardOpenOption.APPEND))))
{
oos.writeObject(new Student(name,age));
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
ex.printStackTrace();
}