I am trying to practice TDD while writing a program that uses syscalls to write code into another processes' memory, e.g the equivalent Windows API calls would be something like:
CreateProcess(...);
VirtualAllocEx(...);
WriteProcessMemory(...);
CreateRemoteThread(...);
I'm struggling to come up with what the first test would be, as there isn't much logic, in addition to actually writing the code in a testable way.
I set off with creating a class around the syscalls then just mocking it and verifying that the expected functions are called, but it felt like I was just adding abstraction layers for the sake of testing and the tests themselves did little but verify that the calls were made.
None of the actual functionality, i.e. the syscalls themselves, writing memory etc was being tested.
Am I just trying to test something with too little logic? Or that where the real testable content lies in a tough place to test (i.e. syscalls interacting with the OS)?