I want to represent the year 0 in JavaScript, not 1970 which as we know is the actual year zero. I want to know how to correctly format this or any date string with an unusually small number of years. I tried initializing it with new Date('0000-00-00T00:00:00') and also with new Date('0-00-00T00:00:00'), but both times the toString method said 'Invalid Date'.
I just realized I can get around this by using the year 1970 and offsetting it, so it's not really mission critical, but supposedly JavaScript can do really small and really big years, over plus or minus 200,000. I find it odd and dumb that implementations of it don't seem to support initializing dates in one of the standard ways for all of the years in its range. I find a lot of things in JavaScript odd, dumb, and inconsistent, honestly, some of it due to individual implementations no doubt, but my opinion remains unchanged.
Ok now that I've insulted the language, you may proceed to enlighten me if there's some way to do this.