Can I have a file version of Aurelia that is built on save?

Viewed 847

I am making a Chrome extension using some Chrome API so launching the website from an HTTP server is not feasible. Right now I can do aurelia build and refer to the built files in dist folder from my extension and side load it.

However, this way, I have to manually run aurelia build every time I make some changes. aurelia run however, do not create any (visible) file I can see on the hard drive so it's not possible to refer to them during development.

Is there any better setup I can do? Is there a command I don't know that build to a folder whenever I make some changes?

1 Answers

Great that you found the solution. In the hope it might help others in the future hereby the answer with two handy commands for use with the Aurelia CLI that help you achieve this.

Automatically (re)build on any file system change and output to the build folder:

$ au build --watch

Serve the application + automatically (re)build on any file system change:

$ au run --watch

Further resources:

Related