I'm working on a kotlin app, My activity is in fullscreen and I want to make a button in which the screen can't be exit or back or anything unless the button is clicked. Like the one in the video player lock type.
I'm working on a kotlin app, My activity is in fullscreen and I want to make a button in which the screen can't be exit or back or anything unless the button is clicked. Like the one in the video player lock type.
My first idea was to make boolean isLocked and after clicking button change this value to the opposite and override all functions/events etc which You would like to lock and if isLocked is true just don't execute them.
Here is a simple code where I locked back button (in java but it can be easily changed to Kotlin)
public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity
{
boolean isLocked = false;
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
{
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
Button button = findViewById(R.id.button);
button.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener()
{
@Override
public void onClick(View v)
{
isLocked ^= true;
System.out.println(isLocked);
}
});
}
@Override
public void onBackPressed()
{
if (!isLocked)
{
super.onBackPressed();
}
}
}
I think that in a similar way You can lock every event.
You can also make something like this:
@Override
public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event)
{
if (!isLocked)
{
return super.onKeyDown(keyCode, event);
}
else
{
return true;
}
}
This will cancel every event like clicking back button or changing volume