I have written a pipeline that I want to run on a remote compute cluster within Azure Machine Learning. My aim is to process a large amount of historical data, and to do this I will need to run the pipeline on a large number of input parameter combinations.
Is there a way to restrict the number of nodes that the pipeline uses on the cluster? By default it will use all the nodes available to the cluster, and I would like to restrict it so that it only uses a pre-defined maximum. This allows me to leave the rest of the cluster free for other users.
My current code to start the pipeline looks like this:
# Setup the pipeline
steps = [data_import_step] # Contains PythonScriptStep
pipeline = Pipeline(workspace=ws, steps=steps)
pipeline.validate()
# Big long list of historical dates that I want to process data for
dts = pd.date_range('2019-01-01', '2020-01-01', freq='6H', closed='left')
# Submit the pipeline job
for dt in dts:
pipeline_run = Experiment(ws, 'my-pipeline-run').submit(
pipeline,
pipeline_parameters={
'import_datetime': dt.strftime('%Y-%m-%dT%H:00'),
}
)