I can't quite wrap my head around this.
I'm having to pass data that's fetched asynchronously. Issue is, the props are asynchronous as well. Here's a simplified version of the component:
import React, { Component } from 'react'
import CSVLink from 'react-csv'
import generateData from './customApi/generateData
type Props = { job?: JobType | undefined }
type State = { csvData: string[][] }
class MyComponent extends Component<Props, State> {
state = {
csvData = [],
}
generateCsv = async (jobId: string) => {
const csvData = await generateData(jobId)
this.setState({ csvData })
}
async componentDidMount() {
const { job } = this.props
await this.generateCsv(job.id)
}
render() {
const { csvData } = this.state
return (
<CSVLink data={csvData}>
<p>Download csv</p>
</CSVLink>
)
}
}
export default connectFirestore(
(db, params) => ({ getJob(db, params.id) })
)
Basically my props are fetched from an API call to firestore, so it takes a while to load the job. Issue is, when I'm trying to pass the jobId inside the async componentDidMount(), it ends up passing undefined, because the job props are not loaded yet.
I don't link the whole passing state to async call business going on, but I can't think of any other way, how I would passing the csvData from the generateDate() async call only once the Promise is resolved.
I guess the easiest way to approach this would be, to perhaps somehow check if the props inside the componentDidMount() are already fetched?
What would be the correct way to approach this?