I'm using VxWorks 6.9 and am trying to use some spyLib.h functions but I'm having issues finding what signature to expect given that the type is variadic.
in vxTypesOld.h I find my type: typedef int (*FUNCPTR) (...);
and in spyLib.h i have my function call : extern void spyReportCommon (FUNCPTR printRtn);
But what function parameters are expected for printRtn ? I guess a c-style string is one but I don't know if each line of the table is a string or if its an array of strings, or even one large string.
I can't start writing the function to parse data from the outputted data until I know in what form that data is passed into the function.
All I know for certain is that it returns an int (e.g. int parsePrint( ???? );)
Here is my attempt at reporting:
#include <vxworks.h>
#include <spyLib.h>
#include <usrLib.h>
int ParseSpy(const char * spyOutput); // this is a guess
void Startup()
{
//startup logic
// the compiler said and int param is expected but the .h had void
spyLibInit(1);
spyCommon(1,50, (FUNCPTR) &ParseSpy);
}
int ParseSpy(const char * spyOutput){} // this is a guess
I'm getting an unexpected compiler error: 'spyCommon' was not declared in scope but as you can see spyLib.h was included so I'm a bit confused by this.