I'm looking to create a video streaming app using react-native and roll out its web version via react-native-web so I can share the codebase. Unfortunetaly I can't wrap my head around how to properly create e.g. a <video /> element when in the browser context.
This is what I currently have:
import { RTCView, /* ... some other components */ } from 'react-native-webrtc';
import { Platform } from 'react-native';
const VideoViewNative = () => {
// Some logic
return <RTCView {/* props for RTCView */};
}
const VideoViewWeb = () => {
return <video {/* props for web video */} />;
}
export default Platform.OS === 'web' ? VideoViewWeb : VideoViewNative;
While this works as expected it does not "feel" right. I think I am bypassing react-native-web here and gettings some drawbacks from that later on.
What would be the proper way to achieve what I want to achieve and why is the approach above wrong?