Firebase - App Distribution failed to fetch app information: [403] The caller does not have permission

Viewed 8180

I was working on Firebase App Distribution using gradle.

I already followed all steps from this firebase official link and it still doesn't work. When I run this ./gradlew assembleDemoDebug appDistributionUploadDemoDebug, it always return this error App Distribution failed to fetch app information: [403] The caller does not have permission .

Here's my gradle settings.

    buildTypes {
    debug {
        ...

        firebaseAppDistribution {
            appId = "1:12345678:android:12345678abc"
            releaseNotes = "test"
            groups = "android-qa"
            serviceCredentialsFile = "android-app-distribution-key.json"
        }
}

I already contacted the google support team, but maybe you guys have a similar experience with this issue. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

1 Answers

A couple things to try. First, make sure the service account has the needed permission. To confirm:

  1. Find the client_email in the service account file
  2. Go to GCP > select your Firebase project > click IAM & admin > click IAM https://console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/iam?project=_
  3. Make sure the IAM row for the client_email in step 1 has the Firebase App Distribution Admin role, or add it if it is missing. Check by clicking the "edit" pencil icon to the right-side of the row and a panel will show the current roles. If Firebase App Distribution Admin isn't there, press "+ ADD ANOTHER ROLE" and include it.

Also, double check that you're using the most up to date version of the Gradle plugin: https://firebase.google.com/docs/app-distribution/android/distribute-gradle#step_1_set_up_your_android_project

Related