The Three.js object cannot be embeded in the CSS3DObject

Viewed 107

I'm trying to get a clone of a raycasted object, and move the clone of the selected object in a <div>. The raycaster works just fine, but the CSS3DObject instance (the cloned 3d Object) is not shown in the scene. I have made another renderer (namely a CSS3DRenderer), in addition to the current WebGLRenderer, and basically my css3d code consists of this:

  cssRenderer = new CSS3DRenderer();
  cssRenderer.setSize(window.innerWidth, window.innerHeight);
  cssRenderer.domElement.style.position = 'absolute';
  cssRenderer.domElement.style.top = 0;
  cssScene = new THREE.Scene();
  document.body.appendChild(cssRenderer.domElement);

...

  thumbnail = document.querySelector('.thumbnail');
  thumbObject = new CSS3DObject(thumbnail);

....

  targetClone = target.clone();
  thumbObject.position.copy(targetClone.position);
  cssScene.add(thumbObject);

and my render loop code, pertaining to this, is:

  requestAnimationFrame(update);
  renderer.render(scene, camera); // WebGLRenderer
  cssRenderer.render(cssScene, camera); //CSS3DRenderer

My intention is to embed the cloned object (targetClone) in the CSS3DObject (thumbObject, which in actuality is an HTML element). The console shows no error, and I cannot see any reaction to this code whatsoever (except that the div travels to the center of model!) No matter if I select the div through traversing the DOM or making a fresh element by means of createElement, nothing is being embedded in the div. I suspect that everything is behind the scene(s). Any ideas how can I achieve this, and where I'm doing it wrong?

0 Answers
Related