What I'm trying to do is implement a button that runs a certain line of code every 0.5 seconds while it is being held down (it can be held down indefinitely and thus run the print statement indefinitely). I'd like it to have a different behavior when it is tapped. Here is the code:
struct ContentView: View {
@State var timeRemaining = 0.5
let timer = Timer.publish(every: 0.5, on: .main, in: .common).autoconnect()
@State var userIsPressing = false //detecting whether user is long pressing the screen
var body: some View {
VStack {
Image(systemName: "chevron.left").onReceive(self.timer) { _ in
if self.userIsPressing == true {
if self.timeRemaining > 0 {
self.timeRemaining -= 0.5
}
//resetting the timer every 0.5 secdonds and executing code whenever //timer reaches 0
if self.timeRemaining == 0 {
print("execute this code")
self.timeRemaining = 0.5
}
}
}.gesture(LongPressGesture(minimumDuration: 0.5)
.onChanged() { _ in
//when longpressGesture started
self.userIsPressing = true
}
.onEnded() { _ in
//when longpressGesture ended
self.userIsPressing = false
}
)
}
}
}
At the moment, it's sort of reverse of what I need it to do; the code above runs the print statement indefinitely when I click the button once but when I hold it down, it only does the execution once...how can I fix this?